2020 Kia Soul vs 2019 Ford EcoSport near Escondido, CA
Pictured left is the 2020 Kia Soul with optional features. Pictured right is the 2019 Ford EcoSport with optional features.
Though you certainly have many options when considering a subcompact crossover, you’ll be hard-pressed to come across another model that can top the 2020 Kia Soul. In addition to this vehicle’s advanced and spacious cabin, it also manages to provide both exceptional strength and efficiency for a commute that won’t disappoint. is so confident that you’ll love the Soul, that we’re comparing it to the 2019 Ford EcoSport in this model comparison.
Right out of the gates, the 2020 Soul assumes a commanding lead over its rival from Ford, thanks to its superior mechanics. Its base engine is a lively 2.0L 4-cylinder system that pumps out a robust 147-hp and 132 lb.-ft. of torque, which easily tops the 123-hp and 125 lb.-ft. of torque from the EcoSport’s standard 1.0L EcoBoost® engine. Moreover, while the Ford achieves just 29 MPG hwy1 with this system, the crossover from Kia maintains 31 MPG hwy2 with its standard 6-speed manual transmission. As if this weren’t enough, the 2020 Soul also arms you with more strength when you upgrade to its available 1.6L turbo powertrain, thanks to its 201-hp and 195 lb.-ft. of torque. Once again, the EcoSport just can’t keep up, as its optional 2.0L 4-cylinder engine generates just 166-hp and 149 lb.-ft. of torque.
The continues to excel when we turn our attention to technology. For seamless connectivity, this model comes with standard Apple CarPlay™3 ad Android Auto™4 integration, so you can easily sync your compatible device and tap into a variety of features and apps. Meanwhile, in order to enjoy these two advancements in the 2019 Ford EcoSport, you’ll have to spend additional funds on upgrades. However, not even the Ford’s available 8-inch touchscreen is on the same level as the Kia’s optional 10.25-inch infotainment system. Finally, the 2020 Soul is certain to impress your friends with its available pulsating speaker lights that supply an unforgettable visual experience. You won’t find this feature in the 2019 EcoSport!
You'll definitely want to go with the model that offers superior interior space, and the Kia Soul certainly has you covered. With a total of 102.5 cubic ft. of passenger volume, you and your guests will have more than enough room to stretch out and enjoy the journey to Felicita County Park. Specifically, rear-seat guests are provided with a generous 38.8 inches of legroom. Unfortunately for fans of Ford, the EcoSport offers just 91.1 cubic ft. for passenger volume, and a meager 36.7 inches of rear legroom. Although you might think that the crossover from Ford makes up for this when it comes to cargo space, this isn’t the case. Whereas the 2020 Soul has up to 62.1 cubic ft. of storage space5, the EcoSport only supplies 50.0 cubic ft. of stow-away room.
Between the 2020 Kia Soul vs 2019 Ford EcoSport near Escondido, CA, it’s clear that the Soul is the superior crossover. Weseloh Kia encourages you to make this determination for yourself by one today! We look forward to showing it off.
Kia Sales Team Hours
|Monday||8:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
2020 Kia Soul SUV FWD
|Front Crash Overall||
|Front Crash Driver||
|Front Crash Passenger||
|Side Crash Overall||
|Side Barrier Overall||
|Side Barrier Driver||
|Side Barrier Passenger||
|Side Pole Driver||
|Side Combined Front||
|Side Combined Rear||
2020 Kia Soul
2019 Ford EcoSport
- Standard 147 horsepower
- 31 MPG hwy
- Standard Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Optional speaker lights
- 62.1 cubic ft. of maximum cargo space
- Standard 123 horsepower
- 29 MPG hwy
- Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Not offered
- 50.0 cubic ft. of maximum cargo space
EPA Green Score
EPA and California-required standards. The names refer to tables of numerical limits for the various air pollutants allowed by the standards.
Greenhouse Gas Score
This score reflects fuel emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases.
Additional Vehicle Information
2020 Kia Soul
Starting at $18,990.00
Featured Lease Offer (2020 Kia Soul)
Lease a new 2020 Soul LX for $189 a month for 36 Months with $2827 Due at Lease Signing for Qualified Lessees. Closed-end lease based on new 2020 Soul (Model #B2522) subject to credit approval, dealer participation, and vehicle availability. Offer shown based on $2,827 due at lease signing including $189 first monthly payment, $1,987.07 capitalized cost reduction, $650 acquisition fee, plus tax, title, license and registration fees, dealer conveyance fee, processing fee or optional service fee and any emission testing charge. No security deposit required. Offer shown total lease payments are $9,442. Actual payments may vary. Purchase option at lease-end for offer shown of residual value of $11,620.30. Lessee is responsible for insurance, maintenance, repairs, $.20 per mile over 12,000 miles/year, excess wear, and a $400 termination fee*. Lease offer applies to Soul (MSRP $20,035, includes freight, and excludes taxes, title, license, additional options and retailer charges). Actual prices set by dealer.Must take delivery from retail stock by 10/31/2019. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. See dealer for warranty and lease details or go to kia.com. *Termination fee for all states except CO, IN, IA, KS, ME, OK, SC, WI, WV & WY. *WI termination fee: The amount of the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less. *CO, IA, KS, ME, OK, WV & WY termination fee: The amount of two times the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less. *IN & SC termination fee: The amount of three times the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less.
KMF Low APR Program (2020 Kia Soul LX)
60 monthly payments of $16.67 for each $1,000 borrowed.
*On Approved Credit
Closed-end lease based on new 2020 Soul (Model #B2522) subject to credit approval, dealer participation, and vehicle availability. Offer shown based on $2,938 due at lease signing including $189 first monthly payment, $2,098.22 capitalized cost reduction, $650 acquisition fee, plus tax, title, license and registration fees, dealer conveyance fee, processing fee or optional service fee and any emission testing charge. No security deposit required. Offer shown total lease payments are $7,285. Actual payments may vary. Purchase option at lease-end for offer shown of residual value of $12,622.05. Lessee is responsible for insurance, maintenance, repairs, $.20 per mile over 12,000 miles/year, excess wear, and a $400 termination fee*. Lease offer applies to Soul (MSRP $20,035, includes freight, and excludes taxes, title, license, additional options and retailer charges). Actual prices set by dealer.Must take delivery from retail stock by 10/31/2019. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. See dealer for warranty and lease details or go to kia.com.
*Termination fee for all states except CO, IN, IA, KS, ME, OK, SC, WI, WV & WY.
*WI termination fee: The amount of the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less.
*CO, IA, KS, ME, OK, WV & WY termination fee: The amount of two times the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less.
*IN & SC termination fee: The amount of three times the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less.
*On Approved Credit
* While we check with car manufacturers and other sources to confirm the accuracy and completeness of the data contained in this chart, we make no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the data in this report. Although we make every attempt to keep this chart up to date, all incentive information is subject to change without notice.
Very Good Service
Nothing but honestly and integrity
2019 Kia Optima
LOVE my car!
Amazing Customer Service
"TRUSTWORTHY, SMART, UNDERSTANDING, GREAT VALUE, COMPASSIONATE!"
|Rearview monitor||in dash|
|Child safety door locks|
|Child seat anchors||LATCH system|
|Impact sensor||door unlock|
|Body side reinforcements||side impact door beams|
|Airbag deactivation||occupant sensing passenger|
|Side curtain airbags||front|
|Side-curtain airbag rollover sensor|
|Side curtain airbags||rear|
|Power door locks||anti-lockout|
|2-stage unlocking doors|
|Anti-theft system||alarm with remote|
|Power door locks||auto-locking|
|Side mirror adjustments||power|
|Side mirror adjustments||manual folding|
|Drive mode selector|
|Rear brake type||disc|
|Rear brake diameter||10.3|
|Front brake diameter||11.0|
|Front brake type||ventilated disc|
|Electronic brakeforce distribution|
|Front suspension classification||independent|
|Rear suspension classification||semi-independent|
|Rear suspension type||torsion beam|
|Rear spring type||coil|
|Front stabilizer bar|
|Front spring type||coil|
|Front suspension type||lower control arms|
|Rear shock type||gas|
|Front shock type||gas|
Stability and Traction
|Hill holder control|
|Auxiliary audio input||Bluetooth|
|Radio||touch screen display|
|Radio data system|
|Speed sensitive volume control|
|Auxiliary audio input||jack|
|Auxiliary audio input||USB|
|Auxiliary audio input||iPod/iPhone|
|Electronic messaging assistance||with read function|
|Electronic messaging assistance||voice operated|
|Wireless data link||Bluetooth|
In Car Entertainment
|Connected in-car apps||Google POIs|
|Connected in-car apps||Google search|
|Infotainment||Apple CarPlay ready|
|Infotainment||Android Auto ready|
|Infotainment screen size||7 in.|
|Driver information system|
|Multi-functional information center|
|External temperature display|
|Fuel economy display||MPG|
|Fuel economy display||range|
|Warnings and reminders||low oil level|
|Warnings and reminders||low fuel level|
|Warnings and reminders||tire fill alert|
|Shift knob trim||urethane|
|Steering wheel trim||urethane|
|Door sill trim||scuff plate|
|Steering wheel||tilt and telescopic|
|Cargo area light|
|Retained accessory power|
|Multi-function remote||keyless entry|
|Multi-function remote||panic alarm|
|Power windows||lockout button|
|Steering wheel mounted controls||audio|
|Rearview mirror||manual day/night|
|Power outlet(s)||12V front|
|Center console||front console with armrest and storage|
|Steering wheel mounted controls||cruise control|
|Steering wheel mounted controls||phone|
|Steering wheel mounted controls||multi-function|
|Storage||cargo tie-down anchors and hooks|
|Multi-function remote||trunk release|
|Front air conditioning zones||single|
|Rear vents||second row|
|Front air conditioning|
|Front bumper color||body-color|
|Fender lip moldings||body-color|
|Door handle color||body-color|
|Grille color||chrome surround|
|Rear bumper color||body-color|
|Rocker panel color||black|
Tires and Rims
|Spare tire size||temporary|
|Tire type||all season|
|Spare tire mount location||inside|
|Spare wheel type||steel|
|Tire Pressure Monitoring System|
|Rear door type||liftgate|
|Front wipers||variable intermittent|
|Power windows||safety reverse|
|Rear privacy glass|
|Rear wiper||with washer|
|Headlights||auto delay off|
|Driver seat manual adjustments||height|
|Driver seat manual adjustments||6|
|Passenger seat manual adjustments||4|
|Rear seat folding||split|
|Front seat type||bucket|
|Rear seat type||60-40 split bench|
|Driver seat manual adjustments||reclining|
|Passenger seat manual adjustments||reclining|
|Seatbelt force limiters||front|
|Seatbelt warning sensor||front|
|Emergency locking retractors||front|
|Head Room (front)||39.4 in|
|Head Room (rear)||39.5 in|
|Hip Room (front)||53.5 in|
|Hip Room (rear)||52.8 in|
|Shoulder Room (front)||55.5 in|
|Shoulder Room (rear)||54.7 in|
|Leg Room (front)||41.1 in|
|Leg Room (rear)||38.8 in|
Measurements of Size & Shape
|Ground Clearance||6.7 in|
|Track Width (front)||62 in|
|Track Width (rear)||62.4 in|
Measurements of Weight
|Gross Vehicle Weight Rating||4023 lbs|
|Gross Vehicle Weight Range||4001-5000 lbs|
|Curb Weight||2844 lbs|
|Max Payload||1179 lbs|
|Cargo Volume||24.2 cu ft|
|Interior Volume||120.9 cu ft|
|Passenger Volume||96.7 cu ft|
|Cargo Volume (rear seats down)||62.1 cu ft|
|Turning Circle||34.8 ft|
|Fuel Capacity||14.3 Gallons|
Wheels and Tires
|Front Tire Type||P205/60R16|
|Front Wheel Diameter||16.0 x 6.5 in|
|Rear Tire Type||P205/60R16|
|Rear Wheel Diameter||16.0 x 6.5 in|
New 2020 Kia Soul LX 4dr Crossover CVT for Sale
*All pricing and details are believed to be accurate, but we do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. The prices shown above may vary from region to region, as will incentives, and are subject to change. Vehicle information is based off standard equipment and may vary from vehicle to vehicle. Call or email for complete vehicle information. All specifications, prices and equipment are subject to change without notice. Prices and payments do not include tax, titles, tags, finance charges, documentation charges, emissions testing charges, or other fees required by law, vehicle sellers or lending organizations.
Based on EPA mileage estimates, reflecting new EPA fuel economy methods beginning with 2008 models. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
While every effort has been made to ensure display of accurate data, the vehicle listings within this website may not reflect all accurate vehicle items. Accessories and color may vary. All inventory listed is subject to prior sale. The vehicle photo displayed may be an example only. Vehicle Photos may not match exact vehicles. Please confirm vehicle price with Dealership. See Dealership for details.
1. EPA-estimated city/hwy mpg for the model indicated. See fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy of other engine/transmission combinations. Actual mileage will vary. On plug-in hybrid models and electric models, fuel economy is stated in MPGe. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
2. EPA fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits, and your vehicle’s condition.
3. Apple CarPlay® uses your smartphone cellular data service. Normal cellular service rates will apply. Apple CarPlay®, iPhone®, and Siri® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Google Maps™ is a trademark of Google Inc. GPS maps and directions are for information purposes only, and Kia does not make any warranties about the accuracy of that information. Caution: Do not enter information into the navigation system while the vehicle is moving. Failure to pay attention to travel conditions and vehicle operation while the vehicle is in motion could result in loss of vehicle control. Operate the system only when it is safe to do so. Warning: Driving while distracted can result in a loss of vehicle control that may lead to an accident, severe personal injury, and death. The driver’s primary responsibility is in the safe and legal operation of a vehicle, and use of any handheld devices, other equipment, or vehicle systems which take the driver’s eyes, attention and focus away from the safe operation of a vehicle or which are not permissible by law should never be used during operation of the vehicle.
4. Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto™, Android™, and Google Maps™ are trademarks of Google LLC. GPS maps and directions are for information purposes only, and Kia does not make any warranties about the accuracy of that information. Caution: Do not enter information into the navigation system while the vehicle is moving. Failure to pay attention to travel conditions and vehicle operation while the vehicle is in motion could result in loss of vehicle control. Operate the system only when it is safe to do so. Warning: Driving while distracted can result in a loss of vehicle control that may lead to an accident, severe personal injury, and death. The driver’s primary responsibility is in the safe and legal operation of a vehicle, and use of any handheld devices, other equipment, or vehicle systems which take the driver’s eyes, attention and focus away from the safe operation of a vehicle or which are not permissible by law should never be used during operation of the vehicle.
5. All cargo should be evenly distributed and secured, and never piled higher than the seat back.